Family law encompasses a variety of legal issues related to the family including marriage, divorce, adoption, and child custody. The Law Office of Joshua Coffman has created the client handbook below to give clients a better understanding of the process and procedures involved in a family law case.
Helpful Phone Numbers
Travis County has compiled a list of local nonprofits and agencies to help you with a variety of family needs and situations including law enforcement, counseling, domestic violence, parenting, and more.
Go here to view the list.
“DivorceCare is a group of welcoming, caring people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences, led by those who understand what you’re going through and want to help. During this 15-week class, you’ll learn to heal from the deep hurt of divorce and discover hope for your family.”
Go here to learn more.
- The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce: The 25 Year Landmark Study by Judith S. Wallerstein
- What about the Kids? Raising Your Children Before, During, and After Divorce by Judith S. Wallerstein
- Surviving the Breakup: How Parents and Children Cope with Divorce by Judith S. Wallerstein
- Will I Ever Be Free of You? How to Navigate a High-Conflict Divorce from a Narcissist and Heal Your Family by Karyl McBride
- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller